Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Playing a Rewarding Role

The lil baby will turn 7 months in a few days. Time certainly flies. I wish I could stall the moment as he is now. Just laughing and playing and needing me. I would say being a mother is the most rewarding and fulfilling role. Nothing take precedence.

Little by little I can see him exploring his new world, testing his boundaries and facing new challenges. From needing me all the time and being clingy to taking my hand and slowly taking his first few steps (or crawls) on his own.

Am I nuts to say that I can feel him not needing me so much? A foreshadowing of the future looms and I see myself just gazing from a far wondering if I have done enough to help him be safe and wise.

As a mother, I want just truly the best for lil baby's future. He has to be better than me in more ways than one. Sometimes I feel sad to see parents who only say that they want the best for their child but don't perform it. You can't produce children at their best if you just sit and watch them grow. They need lots of love and understanding. They will make mistakes, say things that they don't necessarily mean to hurt people and it is the job of us parents to educate.

Every little chance that I have has to go to spending quality time with my little one. It is tiring as I am still breastfeeding him and he still wake up nights. But his smile just completely melts my heart. It makes everything worth while.

I know there are some parents out there who do not know what to do with your little one. Don't worry, everyone can learn. There are books and many articles on the internet to educate yourself. Put down that game that you have on your tab and play with your child. Your child will remember and thank you in the future.

Don't be ignorant to your own child. Play that role and you will be rewarded in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment